Saturday, September 5, 2009

Charlie

I take back everything that I said on Fridays. For I think I've realised that I'm now on a different plain.

Halls of giant meat warehouses. Dog's carcasses, skinned, hanging by the hook. Some were screaming at the abusive slippery floor, sticky with life; others were punished: their screams interrupted, by a cruel impalement from below the jaw and through the eye.

We ran from hall to hall, searching for something, something to make my Charlie better. I could feel him going limp in my arms.

"We found it! We Found it!" Our leader exclaimed, he was over the moon, dancing and wagging his tail. So we quickly got to work, covering Charlie with the grey miricle mud. Our skins hurt, burned and sizzeled to the touch of mud. Charlie kept squirming and gasping for breath.

"You, go watch the door." I took a step back and parted from the surgical scene. From afar the scene was atrocious. The floor was covered in blood, screaming Charlie was being slowly muffled as the mud was applied methodically; in the background, deceased dogs watched emotionlessly from their unblinking eyes.

Beyond the door was a great big carven, of blue lit streams and curious beams of light. Wicked crabs crawled and scampered as I came. First they were curious, and then they leaped. The fight was quick, but took precision.

There was suddenly a great chill, that washed over me. I looked back to see a field of summer. A figure in a yellow checkered dress and pink umbrella came skipping over, and introduced herself as 'Jee'. She took my shaking hand and lead me to sacred site. There lay Charlie, in all his glory. Completely different from before, for now he lay under seven inches on concrete.

An explanation was not supplied, for my friends were not present. Jee was blissfully euphoric, and skipped away to tender a group down the hill. I tired to get her attention, but I was left to mourn with Charlie.

I don't like how my dreams play in infinate loops until I wake up. Each a little clearer than the last.

1 comment:

  1. Creepy.... but interesting

    You feeling guilty about something?

    ReplyDelete