Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dad-cut

_____________________________________________

Personally, I don't like haircuts very much. But at the same time, I don't like having very long hair on the basis that I end up looking like a girl. On the other hand, I'm too lazy to walk down to the hairdressers and pay for a mediocre haircut. So, I resort to the pain, the ambiguous and uncertainty of a Dad-cut.

My father has always taken pride in cutting his own boy's hair. Since I can remember I have been getting haircuts from my father. They usually end up like a bowl, but surprisingly he manages to do it without using a bowl or any bowl like implements at any time during his campaign on my head.

One year, because I love my father so much, I decided to get it cut outside. I came back, and told him the skills and techniques which I had observed, and told him that he could try it out on my brother, or on me in the near future. That was last year.

This is now, the future, and this is my haircut.

_____________________________________________
I look like a pageboy.

3 comments: