Saturday, June 19, 2010

On the 11.29pm Train home.

Rickshaw
___________________________________________

I really enjoy watching people, and drawing the interesting and beautiful strangers that I see. I should do this more often. It seems to revitalize my soul.

The 11.29am Glen Waverly line from the city. A delightful couple looking tired after a night out. I couldn't finish the wife's face before they got off at Kooyong station.

I had spooted this couple when I was casually looking around me. He was in a full tux with brown outer jacket. He caught my stare, I nodded in approval with a smile, and he smuggly winked back. I love old people.

12.09am, Got off at Mount Waverly Station. Woolen black jacket, flowing black dress, helmed with a delicate black lace. Light cream heels, black handbag with thing leather cross body strap. Gold accents in jewelery.
I find it really hard to draw young people, and present them in a way to retain their beauty. Old people are easy to draw, their wrinkles and lines guide the form and structure. Young people with their elastic tight skin have little imperfections for my graphite to transfer on to paper.

I'm not a creep.

No comments:

Post a Comment