Friday, August 14, 2009

My Very First Roll.

I have decided to shoot in film as a hobby. Although I still think that shooting digital is in all ways safer for special occasions and events.

It was a monday afternoon when I bought my first roll of film from K-mart. ($10:75). An unco-ordinated attempted to mount the film into my dad's Nikon FM caused the film lead to wind inside the canister. So on the Friday afternoon, I bought another roll of film
($10:75), and clumsily, but successfully mounted it. I was happy.
--
Snap shutter click.

My first shot, Stairs at QV next to Bread Top.

I quite like these tiny, family run, crowded coffee shops. The busy casual atmosphere is most pleasing.

At San Churos. Another Latte.

San Churos dough stick. Dark > Milk > White

I love you too Gabby

This is Wantirna at night. Right outside my grandparent's house.

My Lovely Desk of clutter.

Charrlotte.
--
A total of 18 of the 24 shots were taken. 8 shots were publushed. It seems I had destroyed the first 8 frames while mounting it. To conclude: Shooting film is so much harder. I can never seem to get the correct shutter - aperture ratio, and everything is out of focus. Hat's off to Dad. I now have a greater understanding of the skills invovled in shooting manual.

This is also quite an expensive hobby ($15.95)

No comments:

Post a Comment